Disclaimer: many links in this post are referral. If you are uncomfortable with it, just search for the text in the links and use results from the search engines.
WireGuard is lightweight VPN with extremely simple configuration. All below was tested on Ubuntu 18.04 as server and Anroid 8.0.0 as client.
For every simple python script you need same simple parts:
- command line arguments parsing
- [optional] submodules
- [optional] building to a binary
I’ve prepared a simple python project with all these parts to use as template. It is available on github.
The most common way of sorting collections of custom objects in Python is to provide key function that is used to extract a comparison key from each element:
sorted("Case insensitive Sorting is here".split(), key=str.lower)
LXC containers are great for application isolation and safe deployment. Running unprivileged containers is the safest way to run containers in a production environment. This note contains enough information to create your own safe container.
Ubuntu has a very detailed documentation about OpenVPN server configuration. The key feature of this note is script for automatic generation of single-file client configurations (keys and certs are embedded) and sending them by email. Looks interesting? Read below!
Several changes occured since my last note about installing python scientific environment:
- IPython Notebook was succeeded by Jupyter Notebook
- seaborn package is used for the pretty matplotlib plots
- raw virtualenv was replaced by virtualenvwrapper
- procedure of notebook profiles creation and edition has been changed
- ipython bug about pip in virtualenv is obsolete. But now another workaround is needed for packahes installation
- pip installation from pypa is now one-liner
This note describes usage of Paraview 4.3 (contrary to previous note with Paraview before 4.1). Some changes were made:
- command line arguments were added to make code more reusable
- it works with Paraview extracted from the archive (4.3.1)
- white background must be specified manually (
SetViewProperties(view, Background = [1, 1, 1])in the code)
Lately NVIDIA added repository for Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04. Recently I hit problem with missing dependencies for
libcheese7 libraries while installing latest CUDA 6.5 on clean Ubuntu 14.04. Remedy to this can be found on askubuntu. So, the complete set of commands is below.