LXC containers are great for application isolation and safe deployment. Running unprivileged containers is the safest way to run containers in a production environment. This note contains enough information to create your own safe container.
Ubuntu has a very detailed documentation about OpenVPN server configuration. The key feature of this note is script for automatic generation of single-file client configurations (keys and certs are embedded) and sending them by email. Looks interesting? Read below!
Several changes occured since my last note about installing python scientific environment:
- IPython Notebook was succeeded by Jupyter Notebook
- seaborn package is used for the pretty matplotlib plots
- raw virtualenv was replaced by virtualenvwrapper
- procedure of notebook profiles creation and edition has been changed
- ipython bug about pip in virtualenv is obsolete. But now another workaround is needed for packahes installation
- pip installation from pypa is now one-liner ^_^
This note describes usage of Paraview 4.3 (contrary to previous note with Paraview before 4.1). Some changes were made:
- command line arguments were added to make code more reusable
- it works with Paraview extracted from the archive (4.3.1)
- white background must be specified manually (
SetViewProperties(view, Background = [1, 1, 1])in the code)
Lately NVIDIA added repository for Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04. Recently I hit problem with missing dependencies for libcheese-gtk23 and libcheese7 libraries while installing latest CUDA 6.5 on clean Ubuntu 14.04. Remedy to this can be found on askubuntu. So, the complete set of commands is presented below.